SUBJECT…… THE “LIGHTER” SIDE OF MARRIAGE
1. Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence (a life sentence!).
2. Marriage is very much like a violin; after the sweet music
is over, the strings are attached.
3. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore marriage is an
institution for the blind.
4. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his
Bachelor’s Degree and the woman gets her Masters.
5. Marriage is a thing which puts a ring on a woman’s finger
and two under the man’s eyes.
6. Marriage certificate is just another word for a work permit.
7. Marriage is not just a having a wife but also worries
8. Marriage requires a man to prepare 4 types of “RINGS” :
– The Engagement Ring
– The Wedding Ring
– The Suffe-Ring
– The Endu-Ring
9. Married life is full of excitement and frustration :
– In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the
– In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.
– In the third year, they BOTH speak and the NEIGHBOURS
10. It is true that love is blind but marriage is definitely an
11. Getting married is very much like going to the restaurant
with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what
the other fellow has, you wish you had ordered that.
12. It’s true that all men are born free and equal – but some of
them get MARRIED!
13. There was this man who muttered a few words in the church
and found himself married. A year later he muttered
something in his sleep and found himself divorced.
14. A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking; the
husband gives and the wife takes.
15. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad?
Father: I don’t know son, I’m still paying for it.
Son: Is it true? Dad, I heard that in ancient China, a man
doesn’t know his wife until he marries.
Father: That happens everywhere, son, EVERYWHERE!
16. There was a man who said, “I never knew what happiness was
until I got married…. and then it was too late!”
17. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm
18. They say that when a man holds a woman’s hand before
marriage, it is love; after marriage it is self-defence.
19. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when
a ten-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
20. There was this lover who said that he would go through hell
for her. They got married, and now he is going through HELL.