* The word “queueing” is the only English word with five consecutive
* The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the
“General Purpose” vehicle, G.P.
* The two longest one-syllable words in the English language are
“screeched” and “strengths.”
* The longest word in the Oxford English Dictionary is
“floccinaucinihilipilification,” which means “the act of estimating
* The abbreviation for pound, “lb.,” comes from the astrological sign
Libra, meaning balance, and symbolized by scales.
* February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a
* Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a
* The Chinese ideogram for ‘trouble’ symbolizes ‘two women living under
* In Chinese, the words for crisis and opportunity are the same.
* Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people
without killing them use to burn their houses down – hence the
expression “to get fired.”