Ever notice that the laws of household physics are every bit as
real as every other law in the universe? Here are a few examples:
1. A child’s eagerness to assist in any project varies in inverse
proportion to he ability to actually do the work involved.
2. Leftovers always expand to fill all available containers plus one.
3. A newly washed window gathers dirt at double the speed of an
4. The availability of a ballpoint pen is inversely proportional to
how badly it is needed.
5. The same clutter that will fill a one-car garage will fill a
6. Three children plus two cookies equals a fight.
7. The potential for disaster is in direct proportion to the number
of TV remote controls divided by the number of viewers.
8. The number of doors left open varies inversely with the outdoor
9. The capacity of any hot water heater is equal to one and one-half
sibling s howers.
10.What goes up must come down, except for bubble-gum and slightly
used Rice Krispies.