* Coca-cola was originally green.
* Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
* Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treas.
* Smartest dogs: 1)border collie; 2)poodle; 3)golden retriever
* Dumbest: afghan
* Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
* Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
* Chances that an American lives within 50 mi of where he/she grew up:
1 in 2
* Amount American Airlines saved in 1987 by eliminating one olive from
each salad served first class: $40,000
* City with the most Rolls Royces per capita: Hong Kong
* State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
* Chances of a white Christmas in New York: 1 in 4
* Portion of US annual rainfall that falls in April: 1/12
* Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28
* Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38
* Estimated percentage of American adults who go on a diet each year: 44
* Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
* Percentage of Americans who say that God has spoken to them: 36
* Percentage of Americans who regularly attend religious services: 43
* City with the highest per capita viewership of TV evangelists:
* Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman
if they had it to do all over again: 80
* Percentage of American women who say they would marry the same man:
* Percentage of men who say they are happier after their divorce or
* Percentage of women who say they are happier: 85
* Number of different familial relationships for which Hallmark makes
* Cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
* Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour:
* Percentage of Americans who have visited Disneyland or Disney World:
* Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
* Portion of ice cream sold that is vanilla: 1/3
* Portion of potatoes sold that are French-fried: 1/3
* Percentage of Americans that eat at McDonalds each day: 7
* Percentage of bird species that are monogamous: 90
* Percentage of mammal species that are: 3
* Number of US states that claim test scores in their elementary
schools are above national average: 50
* Portion of Harvard students who graduate with honors: 4/5
* Chances that a burglary in the US will be solved: 1 in 7
* Portion of land in the US owned by the government: 1/3
* Only President to remain a bachelor: James Buchanan
* Only first lady to carry a loaded revolver: Eleanor Roosevelt
* Only president to win a Pulitzer: John F. Kennedy, for
_Profiles in Courage_
* Only president awarded a patent: Abe Lincoln, for a system of
buoying vessels over shoals
* Only food that does not spoil: honey
* Only person to win $64,000 Challenge and $64,000 Question: Dr. Joyce
Brothers (subject was boxing)
* Only bird that can fly backwards: Hummingbird
* Only continent without reptiles or snakes: Antarctica
* Only animal besides human that can get sunburn: Pig
* Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to look for water.
* An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.
* In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
* Polar bears are left-handed.
* Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
* Eskimos never gamble.
* The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in
* The youngest pope was 11 years old.
* Mark Twain didn’t graduate from elementary school.
* Proportional to their weight, men are stronger than horses.
* Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.
* Your nose and ears never stop growing.
* Jupiter is bigger than all the other planets combined.
* Hot water is heavier than cold.
* The parachute was invented by da Vinci in 1515.
* They have square watermelons in Japan…they stack better.
* Starfish have eight eyes–one at the end of each leg.
* First novel ever written on a typewriter was _Tom Sawyer_.
* There are more collect calls on Father’s Day than any other day of
* Heinz Catsup leaving the bottle travels at 25 miles per year.
* It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
* Men get hiccups more often than woman.
* Armadillos can be housebroken.